If you feel that a child or young person is in immediate risk of harm, don’t delay—you should call 999 and ask to speak to the police.

If you’re concerned about the welfare of a child or young person, either because of their behaviour or the behaviour of the adults looking after them, and they aren’t in immediate danger, there are a number of different persons and organisations you can contact.