Under the extension to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, functions such as secure accommodation and education are covered by all aspects of FOISA legislation including publishing information. Individuals have a right to access all recorded information held by us. The Act aims to increase accountability, openness and transparency.
We currently publish a significant amount of information (via our website etc.) regarding our services, as well as a Freedom of Information Publication Scheme, and therefore the information that you require may already be available. Please check if this information is available before submitting a request. Our Publication Scheme/Guide To Information can be found at: http://www.kibble.org/about-us/information-requests/publication-scheme/
A valid request for information:
- Needs to be in writing or recordable format such as email, video or audio
- Needs to provide the requester’s name and address details
- Must be specific about the information that is required
- There is no need to give an explanation for requesting the info, however by providing as much detail as possible would be helpful in processing the request.
- Under FOISA we are required to provide the requested information, provided that there are no exemptions and that we hold the information that is being requested.
- There can be exceptions such as information that would breach the confidence of another person/party. More detailed information on exemptions can be found on the Scottish Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.itspublicknowledge.info/YourRights/WhatMightINotSee.aspx
- Fees may be applicable to information requests (details of fees to be provided)
- We are required to respond within 20 working days. It may be that we could require some clarification.
- Some information may be exempt. More details can be found on Scottish Information Commissioner’s website, at the address given above.
Unhappy with a response?
If you are unhappy with the response, then you can request a review. If our organisation’s review processes have been exhausted, then you can contact the Scottish Information Commissioner at:
The Scottish Information Commissioner,
Information requests can be made online, using the following form Freedom of Information Request Form
Information and Records Officer