Report Concerns About a Child’s Welfare | Children’s Services | Kibble

If you feel that a child or young person is in immediate risk of harm, don’t delay—you should call 999 and ask to speak to the police.

If you’re concerned about the welfare of a child or young person, either because of their behaviour or the behaviour of the adults looking after them, and they aren’t in immediate danger, there are a number of different persons and organisations you can contact.

  • You can contact your local Children’s Reporter, an independent official who’ll investigate whether any action needs to be taken. See the SCRA website for a list of Children’s Reporter’s offices around Scotland.
  • You can contact your local Social Work team via the With Scotland website or by calling the police on the non-emergency 101 number.
  • You can also make a referral directly to Kibble by phoning 0141 889 0044, emailing  or by visiting the referral section of our website.

Interested in these services?

Contact us to discuss residential care placements.

Get in touch