Welcome to Arran Villa
Arran Villa provides residential child care in the heart of the North Ayrshire community. Children over the age of five who have had a difficult start in life experience a safe, supportive home at Arran Villa.
Arran Villa has lots of space to play, a large garden and is located just beside the sea with play parks and an abundance of things to do right on its doorstep. Each day our children have the opportunity to take part in active, fun pastimes and benefit from educational tasks. The children at Arran Villa experience positive educational placements, progressing at both mainstream and special educational resources. Well-established routines offer a balance of different activities.
Young People We Support
The children that come to Arran Villa have had a difficult start in life and need a safe, nurturing environment. Due to earlier trauma, many of the children have been unable to settle in previous placements and have been in multiple care settings before coming Arran Villa.
Trauma-Informed Care for Our Children
Arran Villa has applied Kibble’s trauma-informed model of care, creating a nurturing, stable, loving home as a result. The children that stay at Arran Villa are supported by a range of services provided by Kibble including education and ongoing support for their health and wellbeing. Kibble’s Specialist Intervention Service possess a range of specialist resources and have the ability to provide children with a variety of therapy interventions including art therapy, play therapy and systemic family work. Kibble offers a robust, holistic service of trauma-informed care for children.
How Arran Villa Supports Children to Succeed:
- High staff to child ratio that allows trusting relationships to develop.
- Specialist support based on children’s individual needs.
- With up to five children, focussed care and support is provided.
- Primary education at Kibble’s own primary school, or outreach support in mainstream schools.
- Carefully planned transitions ensure each child receives the level of care and support they need at that time.
- When a child is ready to move on, we can identify stable fostering placements or alternative residential child care at Kibble. All transitions are handled sensitively and with the children’s best interests at heart.
“This isn’t a children’s home, it’s our home”Young Person at Arran Villa
Care Inspectorate Report
Care Inspectorate Report
Intensive Fostering Services
Executive Director Community Services[email protected]
Interested in these services?
Contact us to discuss residential care placements.Get in touch