Event: Enriching young lives – Therapeutic Steps Toward Healing the Hurt
Date: 15th May 2019
Time: 8.30am – 4.45pm
Location: Principal Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
Book your place at this year’s EFeCT Symposium – the annual event for The European Federation of Conflict Management in Education and Care (EFeCT).
Kibble is delighted to host this years’ event which will take place in Glasgow. This engaging event will be delivered at the Principal Grand Central Hotel. The symposium will attract a host of international delegates to explore trauma-informed perspectives in working alongside children and young people; including everyone’s role in responding to healing the hurt inside.
About the Symposium
International experts on trauma-informed care will deliver presentations and chair conversations with delegates. Speakers presenting at this years’ symposium include:
- Howard Bath, The Three Pillars of Trauma-informed Care
- Shumela Ahmed, Resilience Learning Partnership – harnessing lived experience through a trauma-informed lens
- Mark Freado, Director Growing Edge Training Ohio – Connecting Trauma and Life Space Crisis Intervention
- Frank Fecser, President of Life Space Crisis Intervention & Mary Ellen Fecser, Consultant/trainer of the Positive Education Program in Cleveland, USA – Positive Education
- Dan Johnson, Clinical Director, Kibble – a trauma-informed model in practice
Who is the event for?
This event is suitable for a wide-audience group interested in improving the life chances of children and young people affected by trauma including:
- European LSCI Trainers
- EFeCT members
- social care sector
- child and youth care
- policy makers
One-day event package costs £149. The price includes tea, coffee and lunches.
Accommodation and Travel
We have a number of discounted rooms allocated for EFeCT delegates. Rooms are discounted at 15% and can be booked on a first-come-first-served basis. To enquire about accommodation, please contact the hotel directly on 0141 240 3700 stating the code ‘EFeCT 2019’.
Alternatively, please visit the Principal Grand Central Hotel website to book online. When using the online booking form, please enter the promotion code FUNC15 to apply the discounted rate.
For a full list of hotels in the Glasgow area, please visit the Glasgow City Marketing Bureau website. Please be mindful that some hotels may be outside of the city centre.