We’re delighted to announce that our CEO, Jim Gillespie, has been awarded Regional Director of the year for Glasgow and the West at the Institute of Director (IoD) Awards on 9th December.
Jim was recognised for his strength of leadership throughout the pandemic, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and our 695 staff. Under his direction, our charity ensured the continuation of vital 24/7 services, whilst maintaining pace in developments to meet the needs of young people in our care.
Announcing the award, judges recognised the significant investment made throughout 2020 into Kibble services and the commitment to supporting young people and staff.
Areas of investment during this period included:
- The opening of Bute – a specialist residential care house for young people with complex mental health needs
- The opening of Ness and Tay – two new therapeutic residential houses for younger children
- A new primary year’s campus in Lochwinnoch
- A new fostering hub at Hamilton
- The opening of Puddle Lane, an innovative early learning and childcare nursery
- Significant refurbishment across Kibble’s campus in Paisley
Jim Gillespie said: “I was very pleased to accept the award on behalf of the extraordinarily dedicated and capable team at Kibble. Covid-19 has brought significant challenges for all those who work in our sector.
“The fact that our charity has maintained exceptionally high standards whilst expanding the range of crucial services we provide, underlines the selfless dedication of everyone in our team.”