The YES Programme, located at The Experience offers youth employment training for young people (aged 16 – 29) who are furthest removed from the job market. Vocational training and work experience are driven by labour market demand and targeted on the leisure and hospitality sector.
This successful programme provides young people with:
- A 26 week work placement
- Practical work experience, core skills development & job search advice
- Opportunity to gain accredited SQA and City and Guild’s Qualifications
- Dedicated Youth Employment Support Worker (1:4 ratio)
- Dedicated Employer Liaison Officer to offer career guidance and support
Young people on the YES Programme can hold work placements in one of many services within The Experience including:
- Leisure and hospitality
- Customer service
- Community based outdoor services
- Vehicle systems maintenance
- Painting and decorating
- Creative techniques
The YES Programme will directly deliver positive outcomes relating to the Scottish Government’s national agenda on youth employment. It also supports local authorities achieve positive impacts within their community planning programmes.
KibbleWorks has a strong track record over the past 11 years of providing employability support, addressing social inequalities and improving the chances of young people at high risk of long-term marginalisation to move into the labour market or further training.