UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk in the UK to high, in response to this it is important that the Kibble Group takes all reasonable steps to protect the wellbeing of those using our services, as well as those working here and visiting us. We know that people visiting Kibble will wish to take reasonable precautions to protect themselves and those using our services, in addition to staff and volunteers.
We request that everyone visiting Kibble consider whether they could be a potential carrier of the coronavirus and therefore pose a risk to others. We ask that all visitors use the hand gel provided in each of our public areas upon arrival.
In response to the Government’s announcement on the 16th March 2020; we have reviewed our own policies and have taken the decision to request that visitors, including families and professionals, delay visits to Kibble unless their presence onsite is 100% required for the safety and support of the young people in our care.
This is not a decision we have taken lightly, however in the current circumstance we believe this is in the best interest of the children and young people we support.
From the 17th March 2020:
- visitors are restricted to only those whose onsite presence is essential
- all visitors must confirm details of their visits prior to arriving at Kibble
As an alternative to face to face contact Kibble has several technology-based solutions that could be used to help maintain regular contact. Please contact the relevant house or service to discuss the options available.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitizer gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- We ask that all visitors use the hand gel provided in each of our public areas upon arrival.