Latest News Stories
Latest Job Vacancies
Kibble’s Family Work is focused on supporting and improving the overall family environment for each young person in our care.
We understand that a young person’s family environment needs to be the best it can be in order to produce stable, happy and purposeful young people. To help with this, we view each family as unique and work to build on their strengths and support them in times of difficulty.
There are five different elements to the family work that we do:
- All families are offered a general level of support, advice and guidance as soon as they have a young person with a placement in our residential or day services and additional support is always on offer during any crisis periods.
- Support and specific advice will be offered to parents and carers managing common development issues and minor behavioural problems.
- A group work programme called Handling Teenage Behaviour that is delivered in a supportive environment and an opportunity to join a parents’ support group run by parents themselves.
- A one to one intervention specifically for caregivers who are managing severe behavioural problems.
- A family intervention for families facing concurrent teenage behaviour problems and family dysfunction that aims to support a young person in making the transition back to family life.
Everything we do is aimed at reducing risk and re-integrating young people into stable families. If you would like to access Kibble’s Family Work services, you can be referred by your social worker or key worker.
Service Leader: Claire McCartney
Contact: email@example.com or 0141 889 0044